Java Developer Nanodegree
Understand the fundamentals of the Spring Boot framework and associated integrations and plugins.
Describe the differences between web services, APIs and microservices; develop REST and GraphQL APIs; and learn how to secure, consume, document and test those APIs and web services.
Build applications that read and write to relational databases using both the Java Persistence API (JPA)
and SQL. Use standard design patterns to make your persistence layer easy to test and integrate with a
Spring Boot application.
Learn about Git, version control and best practices for authorization and authentication. Use Jenkins to build CI/CD pipeline to deploy code to production.
- - Initialize and use primitive Java data types (i.e. float, int, etc)
- - Select and use Collections from java.util.Collections
- - Design and create classes and class methods in Java
- - Create interfaces and subclasses in Java
- - Launch Java applications from an IDE
- - Write basic queries in SQL
- If you are interested in building out the infrastructure that powers and supports the many web, desktop, mobile and integrated applications in the business world, this program is a great fit for you.
- Additionally, if you are a developer who doesn’t have any back-end experience, or a back-end developer who doesn’t know Java, this is a great place to build upon your existing skill set.