Bootcamp AI, Inc. is the data controller of your information. Please see the “Contact Information” section below for additional details. Please note that if you gain access through Sponsored Services or our Employee and Company Sponsored Access Services, the third party sponsoring your participation in the Online Courses may provide us with information subject to our agreement with them and therefore the External sponsor may be the data controller with respect to such data.
Important information about the use of our services
What information do we collect?
Information you provide to us
We collect a variety of information that you provide to us directly. In general, we collect your information through:
- Use any of our Services, including registering a user account through the websites
- Make a purchase with us, including registration and enrollment in any online course
- Sign up for email updates
- Upload or post in public forums included through the Services
- Send us requests or questions via forms or email
- Request customer support and technical assistance
The types of data we collect directly from you include:
- Name, address, telephone number, and email address
- Login credentials, if you register a user account with us
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us, such as your shipping address. However, please note that we do not collect, store, or transmit financial account information. Instead, we use a third-party payment processor to process our payments.
- Information about your customer service and maintenance interactions with us
- Demographic information, such as your gender, socioeconomic status, and other personal information
- Information you provide to us in connection with any application or admission process, including, for example, educational and work experience, prior knowledge, any prior evaluations you complete, your objectives, and other information.
- Information you provide in connection with professional services, for example salary information, job placement information, career goals, work experience, and other information.
- User-generated content that you upload or post to public forums through the Services. Information necessary to comply with the procedures, laws and regulations that apply to us when necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Third-party information about you in connection with any referral programs that we may offer
- Any other information that you choose to provide to us directly in connection with your use of the Services.
Participation in online courses.If you wish to participate in an online course, you will be asked to provide us with certain information necessary to take the online course. This information may include, among other things, your name and email address. Bootcamp AI, or its third party service providers, may also collect certain information from you along with assignments, exams and other assessments related to the online course. For example, as part of a proctored exam for an online course or to process your completion credential for a Nanodegree program, Bootcamp AI (or its third-party service providers, such as NetVerify) may collect certain information from you in order to (a ) Verify or authenticate your identity or submissions made by you, such as a signature for an exam or task log, a photograph or recording of you (for example, using a webcam) or information on a government-issued or other photo identification card or document, or (b) monitor your performance during an exam to confirm that you are complying with applicable testing rules or requirements (for example, confirming that you are not using prohibited resources). Bootcamp AI may also collect information about you or about your performance or achievements related to the course, such as test / exam scores, grades, project evaluations, teacher evaluations, and other evaluations of your performance or achievement. or (b) monitor your performance during an exam to confirm that you are complying with applicable testing rules or requirements (for example, confirming that you are not using prohibited resources). Bootcamp AI may also collect information about you or about your performance or achievements related to the course, such as test / exam scores, grades, project evaluations, teacher evaluations, and other evaluations of your performance or achievement. or (b) monitor your performance during an exam to confirm that you are complying with applicable testing rules or requirements (for example, confirming that you are not using prohibited resources). Bootcamp AI may also collect information about you or about your performance or achievements related to the course, such as test / exam scores, grades, project evaluations, teacher evaluations, and other evaluations of your performance or achievement.
Profiles and professional services. You may choose to share additional information, such as your work experience, resume and transcript, your photo, and answers to questions about your experience, studies, and job preferences, when you create a professional profile through the career services we offer through our Services. You can also share information by updating your Profile, uploading documents, or answering questions or surveys that we email you or present to you through our Services. Collectively, the Professional Profile and materials that you provide through Professional Services are simply referred to as your “Profile”.
Please note that by choosing to make your profile public, you acknowledge that:
- Your profile and all included information, materials, documents and images will be publicly shared and viewed with other third parties who also access the career services portal and the Services (including but not limited to potential employers, recruiters, other students or individuals, and us );
- Employers and other third parties who access the career services portal may contact you through your email address (or any other contact information you have provided in your profile); Y
- You and we may share your profile and all included information, materials, documents, and images with career-related employers, recruiters, or third parties.
Information We Collect Through Automated Means
We also use or may use these technologies to help us determine and identify recurring visitors, the type of content and sites to which a user of our website links, the time each user spends in any particular area of our website (s ), and the specific functionalities that users choose to use.
We may allow third-party companies, including advertising companies (such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, Quora, and Bing), to place cookies on our website. These cookies allow these companies to track your activity on various sites where they display advertisements and record your activities so that they can display advertisements that they consider relevant to you while browsing the Internet. These cookies store information about the content you are browsing along with an identifier linked to your device or IP address.
Do not track signals
Currently, we do not monitor or take any action regarding web browser signals or other mechanisms for the expression of choice regarding the collection of information about an individual over time and through third party websites or online services. (eg, web browser “do not track” signals).
Information we collect from social media and other content platforms
We may offer certain Users the opportunity to refer (Referrals) their friends (“Referrals”) to the Site through a third-party referral program through which both Referrers and Referrers can earn credits or other rewards through such referrals. To the extent that we offer such programs, Referrers may share information about Referrals, including email addresses for the purpose of sharing the referral offer. We may also share the Referrer’s email and name with the Referrer, as well as provide the Referrer with confirmation of the Referrer’s acceptance of the referral which may include the Referrer’s email in connection with the provision of such referral program.
How we use the information we collect
We use your information for various purposes, depending on the types of information we have collected from and about you and the specific services you use, in order to:
- Send you information related to the Services.
- Respond to your communications and requests
- Manage and process online courses, including but not limited to attendance, progress and completion tracking; administer exams, projects, and other evaluations; verify the identity of a user as part of a proctored exam or exit interview for an online course; and monitor performance during an exam to confirm that you are complying with applicable test rules or requirements
- Provide you services, such as the services you request, along with online courses.
- Contact you by email, post or phone (including via SMS messages) regarding products, services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events and other topics from Bootcamp AI and third parties that we believe may be from your interest.
- Customize the content we provide through the Services
- Help us better understand your interests and needs and improve the Services
- Participate in analysis, research and reports on the use of the Services.
- Secure services
- Comply with all procedures, laws and regulations that apply to us when necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others.
- Establish, exercise or defend our legal rights when necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others.
Aggregated / Anonymous Data We may aggregate and / or anonymize any information collected through the website so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregated / Anonymous Information”). We may use aggregated / anonymous information for any purpose, including but not limited to research and marketing purposes, statistical analysis of website usage, and we may also share such data with third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors.
How we share and disclose your information
Bootcamp AI will share your information in the following ways:
- Service providers. We provide access to or share your information with operations and maintenance contractors and other third parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services, but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us, including billing, sales, marketing, test monitoring, product content and features, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and services. legal.
- Employers. We may share the information we collect from you when you participate in an online course if the course is sponsored or paid for by your employer. For example, we may share with your employer the results of the pre-assessment, the online courses that interest you, your progress in the course, including the status of the project, the time spent actively participating in an online course or interacting with your mentor, and / or performance evaluations and appraisals. If you make your profile public on the website and your employer has access to the website, then your employer will be able to view your profile information and materials. This information can be shared at any time during or after the course.
- Educational institutions and scholarship partners. If you are taking a course sponsored or associated with a particular educational partner (for example, a university or sponsored scholarship / partner), we may share information about you and your performance with the university or scholarship partner, including to report on your progress. in the course. Information shared with our educational partners will be subject to the privacy policies and procedures of those partners.
- Business partners. With your consent, Bootcamp AI may share information that can be used to connect you directly with third-party business partners, such as companies that may offer products or services or other opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- Profiles and professional services. If you make your profile public, your information will be publicly accessible and shared with our network of recruiting partners, including but not limited to performance in online courses, demographic information (such gender), your profile details, and other related information. with your work experience and goals.
- Related and affiliated entities. We may share information with our affiliated companies that are under the common ownership or control of Bootcamp AI, Inc.
- Business transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may purchase, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (even in the contemplation of such transactions) user information may be among the transferred assets. If some or all of the Bootcamp AI assets are sold or transferred to a third party, customer information (including their email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, Bootcamp AI will comply with those restrictions.
- Aggregate / Anonymous Information. From time to time, Bootcamp AI may share Aggregated / Anonymous Information about the use of the Services, such as, but not limited to, publishing a report on usage trends or survey results, as well as graduation rates, career studies, and fees. of success, and other demographics. information that our students provide us. The exchange of such data is not restricted.
Rights of the interested party and their options
You may have certain rights with respect to your information, as described in more detail in this section.
Your legal rights
If you would like more information regarding your legal rights under applicable law or if you wish to exercise any of them, please contact us using the information in the “Bootcamp AI Contact Information” section below at any time. Your local laws, such as those of the European Union, may allow you to request that:
- provide access to and / or a copy of certain information we hold about you
- prevent the processing of your information for direct marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- update information that is outdated or incorrect
- delete certain information we hold about you
- restrict the way we process and disclose some of your information
- transfer your information to an external service provider
- revoke your consent to the processing of your information
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period established by applicable law. However, please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include whether we need to continue processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation.
To the extent that you make such a request, we will require certain information to help verify your request and prevent fraudulent information and removal requests. Specifically, we ask that you provide the following information:
- Username and email address associated with your Bootcamp AI user account;
- Online courses in which you are currently or previously enrolled;
- Approximate date of registration of the user account;
- Information you want to view and / or request to be removed;
- Country of residence; Y
- A statement under penalty of perjury that all the information in your application is true and that this is your User Account or that you have the authorization to make the request on behalf of the owner of the User Account.
Depending on the circumstances and information you request, we may require additional verification methods at our discretion.
Communications and Notification Preferences and Opt-Out
We provide our Users with the opportunity to update their information or to opt out of having their contact information used for purposes not directly related to paying or servicing their account.
If you are a student and wish to opt out of any of the communications that Bootcamp AI offers, you can do so at any time. Log in to your account, select the Settings page, and go to “Notification Preferences.” From there, you can manage Bootcamp AI communication subscriptions, including text message study reminders, mentor communications, Career Services support (if applicable), community notifications, and marketing and promotional communications by selecting or deselecting any. of the methods you want. to choose not to participate or not.
If you are not a student, or wish to opt out through alternative means, you can opt out as follows:
- Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Identify the communication methods (for example, phone, email, or SMS text message) by which you want to stop receiving messages.
You can unsubscribe from our email marketing or commercial communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of such emails. If you have opted out to receive marketing text message communications from Bootcamp AI, you can opt out of receiving those messages by following the instructions in those messages or by contacting us in the information provided above.
Conservation of your information
We retain your information no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The period of time for which we retain the information depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and / or as necessary to comply with applicable laws.
Third party links and features
Bootcamp AI is intended for a general audience and not for children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected “personal information” (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 13 without legally valid parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to remove it asap. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
Bootcamp AI stores information about our website visitors and users on servers located in the United States. By using our services, you consent to the storage of your information within the United States. If you are using the services from outside the United States and the European Union, please note that the information you submit will be transferred to and stored on servers in the United States or other countries. The data protection and other laws of the United States and / or other countries may not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By submitting your data and / or using our services, you acknowledge the transfer, storage, and processing of your information in and to the United States.
As described above, Bootcamp AI may also outsource the processing of your data or share your data with service providers and others in countries other than your country of residence, including the United States, in accordance with applicable law. Such third parties may be involved, among other things, in the provision of services, the processing of transactions and / or the provision of support services. By providing your information to us, you acknowledge such transfer, storage or use.
If applicable, you can file a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are located. Alternatively, you can seek redress through local courts if you believe your rights have been violated.
How we protect your information
We consider the confidentiality and security of your information to be of the utmost importance. Bootcamp AI takes a variety of technical, administrative, and physical measures to protect your information from disclosure or access by third parties. Please note that we do not guarantee the security of information, as no method of transmission or storage over the Internet is completely secure. Also note that we may retain and store your information in our databases and systems even after your Bootcamp AI account is deactivated, as long as we have a legitimate purpose for doing so and in accordance with applicable law.
California privacy rights
California residents have the right to receive, once a year, from Bootcamp AI: (a) information that identifies any company or third party companies to which we have disclosed (within the previous calendar year) “personal information” (as defines California law) for direct marketing purposes of that company; and (b) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. If you are a California resident and would like to obtain such information, please send a request to email@example.com; When requesting the information, please use the phrase “California Shine the Light Request” to help us properly identify your question and include your postal address, state of residence, and email address so that we can provide you with an answer.